Mother’s Day is a few days away, but you’ve still got plenty of time to plan something unforgettable in Mesa. From traditional tea parties and brunches, to catching a show, taking a hike, or playing a bit of laser tag, Mesa has options perfect for every personality.
- View the Fantastic Planet exhibit, an installation of six, gigantic inflatable humanoid figures by Australian artist Amanda Parer. Figures are scattered throughout downtown Mesa. Free.
- Shrek the Musical, presented by CYT Phoenix, based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks Animation film. 2 p.m., $15 and $20.
- Can’t Stop the Beat: Music from Stage and Screen–Enjoy toe-tapping tunes from stage and screen as the 150-member Tempe Community Chorus serenades you from Broadway to Hollywood. 4 p.m., $15, ages 11 and under free.
- Carnival of Illusion, presented by Roland Sarlot and Susan Eyed. Comical, magical with a blend of Vaudeville-inspired roadshow charm. $52 Check website for times. Best for teens and adults.
- Take an Excursion into Nature at Usery Park