Lemonade? Fresh Oranges? Candied Pecans? Date Smoothies? Let your young East Valley entrepreneur raise some money for their favorite charity or give away your extra citrus with this darling Farm Stand!
I made this on a Sunday, including picking up supplies. The decorations took another day. Download the Free Instructions Here:
4 – Knagglig crates from IKEA. ($10 each) (2110 W. Ikea Way, Tempe)
4 – wood sticks. 4 ft long, 2 inch wide ($2 each at Lowes on Higley and Queen Creek Roads in Gilbert)
1 – wood 36” x 12” ($6 at Lowes)
Hardware — ¼” width Bolts (about 1 ½ to 21/2” long), washers and nuts to fit, all found at Lowes
Electric drill and screwdriver
- Assemble the four crates, following the IKEA directions
- Attach Crates
- Drill 2 holes in one short side of each crate as shown
- Connect 2 bottom crates with bolts, washers and nuts. By using bolts instead of screws, you can easily disassemble the stand for storage, or even reuse the crates!
- Connect 2 top crates in same manner.
- Drill 4 holes (2 in each crate) in long side of bottom set of crates. This will be the “top” of the bottom set that will attach to the “bottom” of the top set.
- Line up the drilled bottom set to the undrilled top set. Using a sharp pencil, mark inside your holes to the undrilled top crates so you can line up drill holes perfectly.
- Using pencil marks, drill holes in top set.
- Attach top set to bottom set with bolts, washers and nuts.
- Attach Top
- Drill a hole 1” in from edge, and at the halfway mark (6”) of each short side of the 12” x 36” wood.
- Set flush to the assembled crates, and mark through your drilled hole to the crates.
- Drill at marks and attach Top to crates with bolts, washers and nuts.
- Attach Sticks
- On each of the four sticks, drill a centered hole 1” from top. You will use this to string your banners, flowers and decorations.
- On each of the four sticks, drill a centered hole 2” from bottom. Drill another hole 6” from bottom.
- Place a stick along the side-front edge, and mark through the holes with pencil. Drill into crate where your pencil marks are found.
- Place a stick along the side-back edge, and mark through the holes with pencil. We placed the back sticks slightly higher than the front so our back decorations would show up better, making a canopy effect. Drill into crate where your pencil marks are found.
Interested in more tips for living in the East Valley or new homes in Mesa’s newest residential community? Sign up at http://cadenceaz.com/contact/