Show Your Love — Make these Valentine’s Day Flowers, Banners and Birds! Have you seen our tree in the Cadence Visitors’ Center? Well, we fell in love with it — so why not decorate for Valentine’s Day! You can create the same flowers, birds and banners to give your own home some love!
Small paper plates, white and colored construction paper, white glue, tape or staples
1. Start with a small paper plate which serves as the flower base. We used 6″ plates.
2. Print 6-12 large petals, 6-12 small petals and 5-7 leaves on white construction paper. There are multiple colors of leaves and petals attached, so have fun mixing and matching to make unique flowers!>
3. Cut out all petals and leaves.
1. Using a blunt scissor edge or similar, curl the leaf tips (about half way up the leaf length) upward and/or downward— a variety of both.
2. White glue, tape or staple the short “stem” of each leaf around the plate, making a circle. These can be placed unevenly around the circle, with some leaves overlapping, and gaps in placement.
1. Fold each petal in half length-wise.
1. Starting with the larger leaves, white glue, tape or staple the short “stem” of each petal evenly around the plate, making a circle.
Secure your flowers to a wall, window, or door using clear packing tape. Or, use a hole punch to add a small hole near the top of the plate and run twine through the hole to create a garland of flowers.
1. Print the attached birds on white construction paper.
1. Print out the banners on white construction paper.
Interested in more tips for East Valley living or new homes in the growing Mesa Gateway, Arizona corridor?
Sign up at http://cadenceaz.com/contact/